About two years ago I started making the switch to clean beauty products. After reading about the harmful chemicals in our favorite products, I decided to explore all the clean options there are on the market these days. I suffer from psoriasis, which requires topical products that are anything but natural, so I try to balance my prescription medications with a natural regimen. Prescriptions aside, I am proud to say about 85% of my beauty and skin routine is "clean" and just as good and effective as the chemical-filled products I used to put on my body.
- Argan Oil - In this summer months I don't use lotion, only body oil, and Argan oil is my favorite. After stocking in up while in Morocco last year, I was hooked! I also use Argan oil on my face as my night time moisturizer. I am currently using Majestic Pure, because you get a lot for a little, it only contains one ingredient and it's sold on Amazon for ease of ordering.
- Maple Holistics Tea Tree Shampoo - As I mentioned, I suffer from psoriasis, and one of the the places it is worst is my scalp. I have to rotate shampoos between the more harsh T-gel and a tea tree based shampoo. I love this shampoo because it is effective, yet gentle and it smells fresh and clean. Click here to find out about Maple Holistic's free samples program!
- Luminositie Apple Stem Cell Face Serum - I gotta admit, Goop got me on this one. But as a woman in her mid-30s I'm all about exploring the anti-aging products, but with the steep price point many of them command, if it says "anti-aging," is clean and is recently priced, I'm adding it to my cart. This product does smell very appley, but I have noticed brighter skin since adding it to my regimen. I always apply before I moisturize at night and if I remember I also apply before lotion in the morning.
- Suntegrity Tinted Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen - at $45 (for a much bigger tube than pictured here) this product is a little pricier than most of my other choices, but totally worth it in my book. Until discovering this product I didn't heed my dermatologist's recommendation to apply sunscreen daily. I didn't like how oily sunscreen usually made my face feel, and frankly, I was too lazy to apply another layer in the morning. Suntegrity solved all my problems. It feels great on my skin, contains SPF 30 AND is tinted for a little base coverage.
- Cold Spring Apothecary Vanilla Oak Body Lotion - This last product is not only natural, but it is locally made and sold at the most beautiful boutique up state New York. It is defintely my splurge-worthy product because it smells amazing and it leaves my skin buttery soft. This is my go-to lotion for the winter months.