The One Room Challenge is kind of like a marathon (I ran one way back 2008), you work really really hard, feel so accomplished when it’s over and come away with feel a real sense of community with your fellow runners at the end. Everyone’s walking around with their medals and you just want to hug them all and tell them they did a great job. So here is my hug to my fellow One Room Challenge participants, a round-up of my very favorite rooms from this season's crop of amazing reveals. Check out my favorite and go take a look at the rest of the rooms here.
I’ve been slowly making the shift to clean beauty products for sometime. Currently, all of my shower and body products are clean and still working through some make-up stragglers. You can find my other clean beauty posts here and here.
A few months back I was in Chicago and visited the Credo Beauty store. I am obsessed with this place! It’s like being a vegan and going out to a specialty vegan restaurant. You don’t have to ask the waiter a million questions, you know you can eat it, so the whole menu is available to you! That is how I feel about Credo. I don’t have to read every line of the label, because I know they’ve vetted their products and brands. Anyhow I discovered several new products on that visit and have picked up a few others along the way and I want to share my new favorites with you.
Maple Holistics Silk 18 Shampoo - I have used a few Maple Holistic shampoos, mostly specialty ones for my dry scalp needs. The Silk 18 shampoo is a new product, the packaging is so clean and simple and it smells amazing. I love how it leaves my hair silky and smooth.
Weleda Skin Food - this stuff is amazing! It’s thick, delicious smelling cream for your body, face and hands. I have been putting it on my psoriasis spots along with my prescription and it really seems to be helping. I also used it nightly on my hands and when my face is feeling dry, I even put it there.
RMS Beauty Lip Shine in Content - This is my favorite lip product I’ve bought in a long time! FYI, this color “content” is red with a slightly pink hue. It’s not completely opaque and it has a lot of shine, the photo on the website looks much darker than it is in real life.
Lily Lolo Mascara - I have tried several clean mascara options, and this is by far my favorite. It goes on smooth, stays on and washes off fairly easily.
SHOP MY FAVORITE CLEAN BEAUTY PRODUCTS
Last week I styled a shoot and my bride wore a ponytail. I have always loved the versatility of this traditionally laid back hairstyle. A ponytail can be casual, it can be effortlessly chic, it can be polished and it can be glam. No matter the vibe, it's low maintenance and I think it commands confidence. We wholeheartedly approve this bridal hairstyle. Without further ado, here are 10 bridal ponytails we love!
While adhering to a capsule wardrobe, I find I want to change up and experiment with my hair. Playing with hair accessories is a fun way to change up an outfit. However, hair accessories can become juvenile pretty fast if you're not careful. I love this idea of a casual summer vacation look of a loose pony tied with a scarf. These cool girls have serious hair game with minimal effort.
SHOP THE LOOK
Do you have a different winter and summer skincare routine? I can't stand how dry my skin is right now, even my little's little buns are rough. These are my staples getting me through the dry season.
COLD SPRING APOTHECARY LOTION - During spring and summer I love to lather on the Argan oil post shower, but when it's dry, lotion is my go-to, this natural, delicious smelling lotion from a local shop.
MAPLE HOLISTICS ARGAN SHAMPOO - This shampoo has six of the most effective oils for hair and scalp health, so good for my winter hair. For every bottle sold, Maple Holistics donates $1 to The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. Click here to order your free samples.
L'OCCITANE IMMORTELLE DIVINE CREME - as with my lotion, in warmer months I reach for face oil, but during dry skin season, I like something with a little more moisture power, I am obsessed with how my face feels after applying this creme, so soft and smooth, but not oily at all.
BURT'S BEES' MEDICATED LIP BALM - I have to admit, I am a lip-balm-a-holic. I have this Burt's Bees' balm on Amazon Prime subscription, I now have a tube in every room of the house, one in my bag, one in my car, and one at the office, I am prepared for dry lips at any given moment.
About two years ago I started making the switch to clean beauty products. After reading about the harmful chemicals in our favorite products, I decided to explore all the clean options there are on the market these days. I suffer from psoriasis, which requires topical products that are anything but natural, so I try to balance my prescription medications with a natural regimen. Prescriptions aside, I am proud to say about 85% of my beauty and skin routine is "clean" and just as good and effective as the chemical-filled products I used to put on my body.
- Argan Oil - In this summer months I don't use lotion, only body oil, and Argan oil is my favorite. After stocking in up while in Morocco last year, I was hooked! I also use Argan oil on my face as my night time moisturizer. I am currently using Majestic Pure, because you get a lot for a little, it only contains one ingredient and it's sold on Amazon for ease of ordering.
- Maple Holistics Tea Tree Shampoo - As I mentioned, I suffer from psoriasis, and one of the the places it is worst is my scalp. I have to rotate shampoos between the more harsh T-gel and a tea tree based shampoo. I love this shampoo because it is effective, yet gentle and it smells fresh and clean. Click here to find out about Maple Holistic's free samples program!
- Luminositie Apple Stem Cell Face Serum - I gotta admit, Goop got me on this one. But as a woman in her mid-30s I'm all about exploring the anti-aging products, but with the steep price point many of them command, if it says "anti-aging," is clean and is recently priced, I'm adding it to my cart. This product does smell very appley, but I have noticed brighter skin since adding it to my regimen. I always apply before I moisturize at night and if I remember I also apply before lotion in the morning.
- Suntegrity Tinted Natural Moisturizing Face Sunscreen - at $45 (for a much bigger tube than pictured here) this product is a little pricier than most of my other choices, but totally worth it in my book. Until discovering this product I didn't heed my dermatologist's recommendation to apply sunscreen daily. I didn't like how oily sunscreen usually made my face feel, and frankly, I was too lazy to apply another layer in the morning. Suntegrity solved all my problems. It feels great on my skin, contains SPF 30 AND is tinted for a little base coverage.
- Cold Spring Apothecary Vanilla Oak Body Lotion - This last product is not only natural, but it is locally made and sold at the most beautiful boutique up state New York. It is defintely my splurge-worthy product because it smells amazing and it leaves my skin buttery soft. This is my go-to lotion for the winter months.